Situated in the heart of the Wye valley, our newly refurbished Old Forge Cottage offers the perfect location for your countryside escape.
Our spacious accommodation offers you the comfort of a double bedroom with an adjoining bathroom and a twin bedroom with an en-suite shower and toilet.
There is also a comfortable living area with a fully fitted kitchen and log burner for those cosy winter evenings.
With many local attractions nearby you will be greeted with an abundance of opportunities to explore the area. The historic cathedral towns of Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester are all situated within an hour's drive.
We are ideally situated for walking and cycling and we welcome dogs all year round by prior arrangement.
Children welcome from any age.
SO 492289 51.95706 -2.74021
Take the A49 (Ross Road) south out of Hereford. At the top of Callow Hill turn right onto the A466, signposted to Monmouth. Follow this road through Wormelow. As you leave the village go up a hill and round a bend to the right. Old Forge Cottage is located on the right immediately after the bend. Please feel free to pull into the driveway of the Lyston Smithy property.
From Ross - on - Wye
Take the A49 north towards Hereford. Once you get to the village of Much Birch turn left onto Tump Lane, signposted to Wormelow. Follow this road to the end and turn left towards Monmouth. As you leave Wormelow go up a hill and round a bend to the right. Old Forge Cottage is located on the right immediately after the bend. Please feel free to pull into the driveway of the Lyston Smithy property.
Leave Monmouth on the A466 Signposted to Hereford. Follow this for approximately 11 miles. Travel through the village of St Weonards continue on the A466 for approximately 3 miles. Old Forge Cottage is located on the left. It is easier to look out for the main house name which is Lyston Smithy. Please feel free to pull into the driveway of the Lyston Smithy property.
PLEASE NOTE: Google maps and iPhone maps may show the location further south than we actually are. We are working to fix this error.
Ample car parking is available in front of the cottage, with additional space on the adjacent Lyston Smithy if required.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Telephone (public)
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair