Gardens at Kentchurch Court
Also at this Venue
In the heart of beautiful Herefordshire, Kentchurch Court, this quintessentially English country house, is surrounded by 20 acres of garden planted to delight throughout the summer and autumn.
Whilst still a private estate, the gardens and house are open for you to visit on specific days.
Relax in the Walled Garden, stroll through the Rhododendron Wood, enjoy the working Vegetable Garden or spot the fallow deer and ancient trees in the Deer Park.
Homemade tea and cake is available to round off your visit!
Kentchurch Court, thought to be one of the most important historic houses in England, has been in the Scudamore family for almost 1,000 years. Kentchurch Court and the Deer Park nestle under Garway Hill, surrounded by an Estate, comprising of some 5,000 acres.The house has undergone various changes since the Scudamores arrived to live in the tower in 1058. Significant building took place in the 14C to be “modernised” by John Nash in 1795 and again in the 1820s by Thomas Tudor.
Kentchurch Court has been used for various film locations over recent years including Channel 4’s Country House Rescue in 2011.
Kentchurch Court also offers:
– Pre-booked group bookings for Guided House Tours
– Pre-booked group bookings combined with a visit to Sir Roy Strong’s Laskett Gardens
– A wonderful venue for your very special wedding day
For house opening times please visit www.kentchurchcourt.co.uk for up to date opening times.
Coach/Groups: Accepted by prior arrangement
Car parking: Available
Disabled toilet facilities: Available
Gardens: Adult £5, Children Free
SO 423259 51.92860 -2.84039
• From Hereford take the A465(T) road towards Abergavenny. • After ten miles, at Pontrilas turn left and follow signpost to Kentchurch. • After two miles, just after the Bridge Inn, fork left. • After a further half-mile the road bends sharp right down a short hill. • Opposite Church, turn left through white gates and up drive.
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits