Hunt for one-off antiques & vintage
More than 120 antiques dealers line the historic streets of Leominster, crammed with delights from all eras. From art deco lights and elegant jewellery to fine furniture; It’s the joy of the hunt, you never know what you might find! Even better, buying second-hand is super sustainable.
Start on Broad Street, taking a mooch around Stockmoor Antiques' period showroom, No 14’s nostalgic interiors and the almost endless rooms of The Antique Market and Leominster Antiques Centre. Nearby on New Street, find the Secondhand Warehouse & Antiques Centre and discover The Merchant's House on Corn Square. A wander along West Street will lead you to a world of vinyl at Spindwyer Records and stacks of second-hand books (and great coffee) at 35 West. There’s also various specialist stores including The Light Shop, War & Son for medals and military antiques plus The Barometer Shop for clocks and, you guessed it, barometers!
Fantastic independent boutiques are dotted all over town. Browse contemporary art, pottery and jewellery at Oxenham Art and see the latest selling exhibition at The Old Stable Gallery (inside the Tourist Information centre). Find beautiful homeware and gifts at Amelia Jacks, The Gift Monger and Motif. Pick up stylish womenswear at Noted, colourful clothes at Sassy and sustainable fashion at Jumping Ships. For jewellery, bags and other gifts, make for Semorile, Best Wishes and Zenith, And always find the latest releases at Rossiter Books.
Little ones will love a treat from Martins Models - a proper toy shop - as well as arts and crafts goodies from Roundabout Stationery. For all things planet friendly, check out Biobab which also stocks gorgeous local skincare brand Herbfarmacy. There's also eco bodycare and more at Leominster Organic.
Foodie friends will appreciate a hamper brimming with Herefordshire's finest from wine merchants Vine & Juniper, Drapers Lane Delicatessen and Mousetrap Cheese. The sweet-toothed will also adore The Happy Fudge Co.
Outside of town, drive to Newton Court Cider for award-winning tipples and find local produce, from honey to apple juice, plus books and eco gifts at the fantastic little shop in Queenswood Country Park.There's plenty of foodie delights on offer at Wellington Home & Gardens, plus myriad magical Christmas decorations and gifts. And, for fromage fiends, the cheese hampers from Monkland Dairy are a must.
- Stop for a coffee at nano coffee roastery RMF or #Coffee 1
- Pause for a bite to eat in and around Corn Square at Drapers Lane Delicatessen, The Press Room, and The Flying Dutchman.
- Visit the cafe at Grange Court for a side of heritage with your soup.
- Try Saverys on Broad Street for homemade comfort food.
- Eat vegan & veggie at Nori’s on West Street (Thur - Sat)
Dinner & stay overnight
- The Riverside in Aymestrey is a very comfortable black and white gastropub with rooms, named best sustainable pub in the 2022 UK Pub Award.
- Alternatively, enjoy dinner in the converted threshing barn at The Hickory Stick
- Go cider tasting: The award-winning Newton Court Cider (which also makes smashing ciders for Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s label) offers tours of the mill and orchard every Friday. Learn about cider making before sampling a few favourites.
- Craft your own leather bag: Spend the day in the workshop at Williams Handmade making your very own bag. A lovely experience and beautiful gift (if you can bear to part company!)
- Winter walks: Take a gentle stroll around Queenswood Country Park & Arboretum or visit the picture-perfect ‘black & white’ village of Weobley which is the starting point for a super 5.5 mile circular walk.
2023 Diary Dates
- Light Up Leominster, 22 November, 5 - 8pm, follow the trail to enjoy light projections, soundscapes, lantern parades, performances and music.
- Leominster Victorian Christmas Street Market, 9 December, 10am - 4pm, step back in time and enjoy a truly Dickensian adventure . The town centre will be brimming with stalls selling handmade and locally produced gifts, plus street food, roasted chestnuts and mulled wine. Take a horse and carriage ride, before being entertained by Punch and Judy, Morris dancers and live seasonal music and more. Free parking & free entry.