Gorgeous interiors & art
Tinsmiths is a place of pilgrimage for interiors junkies, famed for its beautifully crafted homeware, ceramics and artist prints, whilst Hus & Hem is a smorgasbord of Nordic delights, including their must-have felt slippers. Cool homeware, clothing and jewellery are also the order of the day at the bijou Tusk Collection. Wyebridge Interiors demands a browse as do Butler & Sweatmans’ two lovely stores.
The colourful Take 4 Gallery showcases locally and nationally renowned contemporary artists, whilst at Objets Trouves there’s a little gallery which accompanies their curated selection of second-hand finds.
Gifts, books & toys
Wander around Blandfords for heaps of gift ideas, books and an excellent toy department. There’s more books at the fantastic Ledbury Books and Maps and Three Counties Bookshop, (which also stocks a wealth of art materials). Nip into Ledbury Poetry House for literary reads and arty cards, and find great gifts, including presents for little ones, at Monkleys. Find luscious houseplants at Ledbury Leaf plus organic beauty and wellbeing at The Apothecary Shop.
Womenswear & jewellery
No 12 High Street is the place for heavenly merino knitwear whilst the fashion department at Ceci Paolo offers upscale brands and accessories. Raft specialises in women’s style and next door is Bra Boudoir which is a must for lingerie and swimwear. For all things ethical and fairtrade, from clothes to decorations, pay a visit to Ethos. Find casual style at Pacific Dove and The Secret Boutique or for a sustainable approach to clothes shopping, flick through the rails at Lottie's Cupboard dress agency. Men are well catered for at Renaissance.
As for jewellery, there’s a dazzling selection on offer at Juice Collection, J.B Gaynans, Tanzanite Jewellery, Past &Present plus Tusk Collection and Tinsmiths.
Hay Wines offers an excellent range of wine and spirits, including the best local brands, as does The Wine Shed, whilst Choccotastic is crammed with Belgian chocolate loveliness, from handmade truffles to special Christmas creations. Fill your basket with tempting delectations from The Deli at Ceci Paolo and from The Nest which is a super spot to pick up foodie treats, alongside plants and architectural salvage, only 5 minutes drive out of town.
- Wander up Church Lane to the Malthouse Cafe for delicious eats.
- Sample the sharing platters at The Ledberry
Dinner & stay overnight
- The historic Feathers Hotel is a Ledbury institution with a welcoming restaurant and beautifully furnished rooms.
- Characterful rooms and seasonal food await at The Seven Stars and The Talbot.
- Just outside town is the Verzon House Hotel which offers spacious rooms and delicious food as well as cocktail masterclasses,
- Take to the potter’s wheel: For the ultimate de-stressing activity, at Eastnor Pottery.
- Learn how to make natural remedies: With expert Rowan McOnegal Hedgerow Medicine.
- Discover the craft of cider-making: From blossom to bottle at Westons Cider Mill, followed by a meal and a glass of the good stuff at The Scrumpy House.
- For a winter walk: head to Eastnor Deer Park for a 5-mile circular trek, taking in a stunning section of the Malvern Hills.
2023 Diary Dates
festiveNest at Little Verzons Farm, 18 & 19 Nov, 10am - 4pm, a weekend of seasonal fun, with carols, local produce, hand crafted goods and even real reindeer and other festive family fun. Free entry. Hosted by The Nest.
- Christmas lights switch-on 26 November, 5pm, pop along for an afternoon of shopping and festivities, including music and artisan market, before the lights switch on. Read more.
- Ledbury Late night Shopping, 1 December, 5 - 8pm, for all the festive feels, mooch around the independent shops and street market, accompanied by carols. Pick up holly & mistletoe and call in at one of the many cafes for a bite to eat.