Download The Herefordshire Trail Guide
The Herefordshire Trail is a long-distance walking trail which loops the county, taking in our five historic market towns, undulating meadows, ancient orchards, steep hills and glorious river valleys.
Start in pretty Ledbury, heading towards the Wye Valley AONB and buzzy Ross-on-Wye before trekking the unspoilt landscapes of the Golden Valley. Head for the heights of Kington and Mortimer Country where the castle ruins tell the tale of past turbulence.
Dip into the antiques mecca of Leominster then make east for hop-picking country and foodie Bromyard. Hike through vineyards, skirting the Malvern Hills and the landscape which has inspired poets, to return to Ledbury.
- Walking through Big Apple country and along the hop pickers' path
- Gazing at the panoramic view at Harley's Mountain & Merbach Hill
- Tracing the Rivers Wye, Teme, Lugg & Frome
- Taking in the serenity of deep forests
- Peeking into remote, medieval churches
- Roaming craggy castle ruins
New apple waymarkers will guide you on your way. Share your best trail photos with us on social with the hashtags #FollowTheApple and #HerefordshireTrail